December 5, 2013
I’m adding it to the go to menu this summer….. anyone want us to come for dinner and bring desert?
December 2, 2013
Each year I am on the hunt for a new Christmas album.
This one is beautiful.
The itunes download includes a 45 minute burning log video to sit beside as you listen.
November 29, 2013
Meredith’s got a fabulous idea for fantasticly simple bible content here. Love it especially this close to Dec 1.
If you know what you want each day to hold, but need a little visual inspiration, have a look at my pinterest board here.
This year I have an unusual plan which focus’s on letters….. we will see how that goes.
I just realised that our advent events for 2012 are not collated….. so I will get onto that.
Enjoy, and let me know if you come across anything inspiring.
November 26, 2013
Hello hello hello….. yes I am still alive and I am slowly coming up for air. Crazy busy last couple of months. I will share with you over the next few weeks some of the highlights and a few other things I have been slowly saving for you over those months.
But for now….. something fabulous. Poppytalk calls it ‘What happen’s when you give kids thousands of stickers. Take it as a pre-Christmas warning….. or Encouragement …. if you like.
- Hat-tip Poppytalk, stuart addelsee, sccart, and heybubbles and colossal). Via The New Domestic. …. so apologies if you have seen it before.
- I think it appeals to me because it’s how the last half of the year has felt like, but makes it look so much more joyful than it was some days.
- Though out it all Tim was fabulous and the kids were great. I am hoping and praying that in the next month leading up to Christmas I can embrace the joy in the chaos….. and get to take the opportunity to serve them, and others, like they have been serving me.
September 10, 2013
Saw this and just thought I should share.
September 7, 2013
Last week our 10 year old…. and lots of other public school kids …… made their Opera House debuts. What an exciting night of so many talented kids.
August 31, 2013
Catch 22, a review in less than 25 words.
This was a text I was meant to read at school.
I wasn’t interested then.
This time I listened,
It reminded me of the tv series M.A.S.H .
I hated M.A.S.H.
There I have said it.
Not reading at school was a great decision.
Wish I had stuck to it!
Next month…. Wonderstruck written and illustrated by Brian Selznick.
August 29, 2013
Yes I know I am very, very slack but this year it came down to onesies for the book parade. Judging by just how many I saw on parade day, I am not the only parent enjoying the simplicity.
10 year old , of course is Eeyore from the Winnie-the-Pooh series of books, and 7 year old is the ‘good’ pig from “The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig” by Eugene Trivizas.
While at the parade a conversation was had about the difficulty getting a good photo during….and sometimes before ….. the book parade. I took some pretty bad ones. Did you?
If you took some equally awful pictures at the book parade, and you are happy to share them, please email them to me. … or comment below. I will share them if I get enough. I might even offer a prize!
August 11, 2013
Hey ! Hey! Don’t yell at me. I didn’t come up with the book week parade, but I might be able to help yours be more joyful.
I have looked around and found a few interesting ideas.
- Susan and Lucy…. Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
- Ancient Greek and Roman characters …… from the horrible history books….or any history or historical fiction book.
- A witch….. The Witches by Dahl.
- cats and dogs
- mice….. 7 year old is thinking of going as Reepicheep from The Voyage of the Dawntreader by C. S. Lewis…. so I might adapt this one.
- Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl
- Little Red Riding Hood’s Fox
I have collated a bunch of ideas on my costumes pinterest board here if you need other inspiration.