November 26, 2013
Hello hello hello….. yes I am still alive and I am slowly coming up for air. Crazy busy last couple of months. I will share with you over the next few weeks some of the highlights and a few other things I have been slowly saving for you over those months.
But for now….. something fabulous. Poppytalk calls it ‘What happen’s when you give kids thousands of stickers. Take it as a pre-Christmas warning….. or Encouragement …. if you like.
- Hat-tip Poppytalk, stuart addelsee, sccart, and heybubbles and colossal). Via The New Domestic. …. so apologies if you have seen it before.
- I think it appeals to me because it’s how the last half of the year has felt like, but makes it look so much more joyful than it was some days.
- Though out it all Tim was fabulous and the kids were great. I am hoping and praying that in the next month leading up to Christmas I can embrace the joy in the chaos….. and get to take the opportunity to serve them, and others, like they have been serving me.
June 14, 2013
One a week for the past two years I have had the delightful pleasure of working for the lovely Belinda Von Mengersen….. she is also my lovely friend. Lucky me!
Well, now it’s lucky you too because Belinda’s work is part of the collection of textile art currently showing at Manly Art Gallery and Museum until the 21st of July.
Every three years the Tamworth Textile Triennale collects together textile artists under a simgle theme. This time it is Sensorial Loop. The shows aim is to showcase to a public the changing ideas and professional craftsmanship associated with contemporary textile practice in Australia.
Belinda’s work as you can see is beautiful….. and according to her ‘photographs badly’, so I can’t wait to see it for real….finished.
September 18, 2012
Our schools annual art show happened again this last week.
I am always astonished and delighted by what primary school children can create.
I find it extremely inspiring……I hope you do too.
April 12, 2012
If you are scared of colours…. or not confident with them…. or just want to explore some other possibilities you might not otherwise think about…. this is a great place to go.
You can just browse the latest colour palette she has chosen for the post or you can look for specific colours you want to blend other things with.
It’s truly beautiful and inspiring.
…. seriously I could go on all day.
March 31, 2012
I have always had a thing for duck egg blue…. I really want to have a go at these ones.
January 6, 2012
If they need some direction … get them to photograph
- anything they can find that is red blue green… (you get the idea)
- as many different textures they can find.
- things that remind them of other things.
- …..what else…. tell me in the comments.
October 25, 2011
A couple of months ago one of my favourite blogs Apartment Therapy posted a series of videos that make sense of colour in interiors (although I think the theories hold true across all colour design fields)
Colour is tricky.
White isn’t white.
Some colours approach and others recede.
There is a reason interior designers get paid to make rooms ‘feel’ a certain way. They know stuff.
It’s a bit like a science that is not taught in schools…. generally.
Like physics or chemistry, some of us have an instinct for it, while others are very afraid. But like physics and chemistry you can learn it (in theory)!
Following are 4 short videos that begin to make sense of some of our big colour questions.