I’m a bit in two minds about Valentine’s Day. Some of me sits on the “It’s a created day that is all about retailers and spending money” and the other side of me feels it’s great to be reminded to tell the people we love….that we love them in a more intentional way.
This year I feel more of the second…. hence the post….. but have tried to make it a little more creative (rather than spendy) because self created things almost always* help communicate the love better.
Ideas For Creative Dates
1. Ice skating date in a Jar. Image from The Gunny Sack.
2. Hot Chocolate in a Jar (stay in) Date. Image from the Wintrop Chronicles.
3. Spar in a Jar. Image from The Gunny Sack.
Super Lovey- Dovey
4. 52 things I love about you in a jar. Image from The Gunny Sack.
5. Love Potion No. 9. Image from Shaken Together Life.
6. A little envelope of notes for your loved one. Image from Oh hello friend.
7. Sharpie Mug. Image Sister’s Suitcase.
For the Kids
8. Love Lead pencils. Image from The Gunny Sack.
9. Robot Valentine’s. Image from Lisa Storms.
10. Monster Pencils. Image by the 36th Avenue.
11. Don’t ever change…. Image from Jac & Lyn Murphy.
12. Burst My Bubble Valentine’s. Image from The Gunny Sack.
13. I’m Bananas for you and You’re Grrrrrreat. Image from Lisa Storm.
14. Arrow pencils and printables. Image from Design. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
15. Origami Heart Wrapped lolly Pop. Image A Kiss Of Colour.
Ideas to Bake
16. Nutella Love Letter Pancakes. Image by Kitchen Simplicity.
17. Sparkly Cookies. Image from The Gunny Sack.
18. Valentine snack mix. Image by Glorious Treats.
19. The Nutella/Espresso cup cake.Image from mandy Ash Craft.
20. Valentine’s cookies. Image Wedding Chicks.
21. Heart shaped pies. Image Babble.
22. Red Velvet Cupcakes in a Jar. Image My Baking Addiction.
23. Strawberry and Cream scones. Image Sanae Ishida.
Countdowns to Valentine’s Day (or count on….)
24. The Valentine tree. Image from Simple as that blog.
25. Cute countdown. Image by Dear lizzy.
26. Bit late for this year….. A countdown to the day. Image from THe House Of Smiths.
27. 14 acts of love. Image from Make and takes.
28. Countdown to kisses. Image from the Olds family
29. DIY printable calendar. Image from Paige of Style.
30. Just one of the activities in the 14 days of love. Image from Pink Pistachio.
31. I love you this much. Image from Day in my life.
32. Sewn hearts card. Image from The creative Place.
33. Birthday candle card. Image from Real Simple.
34. Mini polaroid Magnets. Image from Ambrosia Girl.
35. Valentines “fortune’ cookies”. Image from Design. Wash.Rinse. Repeat.
36. Message in a bottle. Image from Oh hello friend.
37. Wall heart. Image Oleander and Palm.
38. Washi banner. Image: Fancy Little Things.
* Yes if you have asked for something specifically ….or have been promised something and you receive a sweet handmade gift, you won’t feel the love!
39. Printable PDF. Image from The girl creative.