REPOST: Decorations to make and give.
October 3, 2011
Below are some instructions I wrote for my friend Nic at 168hrs about 3 years ago.
I though as part of my Christmas decorations post, I would share them with you also.
ANGEL BEAD ORNAMENT INSTRUCTIONS
1. Cut wire about 60cm long.
2. Fold in half.
3. FEET : thread 1 small bead onto one thickness. Stop bead at bend in wire.
4. SKIRT: holding both wires together, thread 1 ‘drop’
5. BODY: holding both wires together, thread 1 medium bead (with large inner
6. WINGS: separating wire, thread approx 15 seed beads into one side, thread
wire back into the ‘body’ bead. Repeat for other wing.
7. HEAD: holding both wires together, thread 1medium round bead for head.
8. HALO: with both wires together, thread 1 bead cap (or daisy spacer bead)
9. FINISHING OFF: holding both wires together thread 1 seed (or metallic
10. Holding both wires thread one crimp piece and squash.
11. Using the same beads as used for wings, thread beads for about 10cm on
12. With wires together again thread 1 crimp (and close) 1 seed bead and 1
I know a lot of these ideas come from Martha Stewart. I do look elsewhere, but I always come back because she just has a gift!
Many of the ideas have downloads so they are as easy as they can be. Some have video tutorials and all of them are very doable…. even with little people or the craft challenged.
I would love to hear what you are planning on making, or if you have found other great ideas out there.
I am hoping I have inspired you do make just one thing for your family and friends this Christmas.
All images used in this post are from the websites they link through to. Just click on the photo and you are half way to made.